Today Ukraine will select for Junior Eurovision 2022, while Ireland and Poland’s selections for Yerevan are also underway.
The key times across today are:
- 🇵🇱 Poland – Szansa na Sukces: Eurowizja Junior 2022 Semi-Final Three – 15:15 CEST
- 🇺🇦 Ukraine – Junior Eurovision 2022 Selection- Final – 17:00 CEST
- 🇮🇪 Ireland – Junior Eurovision Éire 2022 Heat One – 21:30 CEST
- 🇳🇴 Norway – Melodi Grand Prix 2023 Submissions Close – 23:59 CEST
🇵🇱 Poland – Szansa na Sukces: Eurowizja Junior 2022 Semi-Final Three – 15:15 CEST
The last of three Semi-Finals in the Polish Junior Eurovision selection is being broadcast this afternoon.
Seven artists will be competing for one place in the final and to represent Poland in Yerevan, Armenia. The participants and songs they will perform are:
- Ida Wargskog – “If I were sorry”
- Aleksander Szwarnowiecki – “Waterloo”
- Beniamin Nawrocki – “Fairytale”
- Kinga Kipigroch – “Euphoria”
- Alicja Smyk – “Light me up”
- Antonina Kraszewska – “Save your kisses for me”
- Julia Kowalska – “Arcade”
All of the participants this week are performing hits from the Eurovision Song Contest. This week a jury of four persons will determine the singer going through to the Grand Final, on the jury are:
- Ida Nowakowska – Host of Junior Eurovision 2019 & 2020
- Michał Wiśniewski – Represented Poland at Eurovision 2003 and 2006
- Ala Tracz – Represented Poland at Junior Eurovision 2020
- Marek Sierocki – Commentator at Junior Eurovision for TVP
You can watch the selection live on TVP2 from 15:15 CEST.
🇺🇦 Ukraine – Junior Eurovision 2022 Selection- Final – 17:00 CEST
The first song competing in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2022 in Yerevan, Armenia will be selected today.
Ukraine will select its representative for the 20th Junior Eurovision Song Contest this evening in Kyiv. A total of five songs are in the running to represent Ukraine in Armenia this December. The participants are:
- Sofia Artemenko and DJ Polinka – “Zamovlyannya” (Order)
- Zlata Dzyunka – “Nezlamna” (Unbreakable)
- Elizaveta Petruk – “Pisnya pro Lelechat” (Stork song)
- Darya Rebrova – “Paporoti kvitka” (Fern flower)
- Diana Stasiuk – “We are the Future”
The winner of the Ukrainian selection will be determined by 50% public voting and 50% jury voting. On the jury are:
- Khrystyna Solovyy (singer-songwriter)
- Myroslava Saliy (singer, vocal coach)
- Anzhelika Rudnytska (TV presenter, artist)
Voting is already underway and is open until 14:00 CEST before it re-opens for 15 minutes after all the participants have performed in the selection.
To participate in both stages of online voting, users must log in through their Google and/or Facebook account, people are able to vote once per account. Voting is open here.
Timur Miroshnychenko will present the Ukrainian national selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2022. You can watch the selection live below:
🇮🇪 Ireland – Junior Eurovision Éire 2022 Heat One – 21:30 CEST
Ireland commences its search for the nation’s representative for the 20th Junior Eurovision Song Contest.
Junior Eurovision Éire commences this evening as the search for the Irish representative for Yerevan gets underway. As in previous years, four heats will be held with young singers competing to get through to the Final Duel at the end of each heat, from there two singers will sing again with the jury selecting the singer progressing to the Semi-Final.
The winner of Eurovision 1993 Niamh Kavanagh is the guest judge for the first Heat of Junior Eurovision Éire 2022 tonight. The singer who took victory in Millstreet and represented Ireland in Oslo in 2010 will join two permanent jurors:
- Niamh Ní Chróinín – Presenter of TG4 youth programming Cúla4, manager of Irish-language youth radio station Raidió Rí-Rá
- Chris Greene – RTÉ 2fm presenter
Louise Cantillon will be returning to host the show for the second year in a row. Joining Louise to present the show this year will be Darragh Ó Caoimh. This will be the first edition of Junior Eurovision Éire to have two main presenters.
For the first time ever, a public vote will decide the winner in the final. The voting will be open after the semi-final is over. After the final is chosen, the Irish entry for Yerevan will be specially composed for the winner.
You can watch the selection live here.
🇳🇴 Norway – Melodi Grand Prix 2023 Submissions Close – 23:59 CEST
The submissions window for Melodi Grand Prix 2023 closes tonight at 23:59 CEST.
Today is the last day for songs to be submitted into the Norwegian selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2023. Submissions for Melodi Grand Prix have been open since June 21, and have been open one month longer than for the 2022 edition of the contest.
The rules of the selection are as follows:
- Registered entries are encouraged to have at least one Norwegian songwriter, as MGP wants to prioritize and promote Norwegian music life.
- Each producer/songwriter can sign up for a maximum of three songs.
- Everyone can sign up for songs, but artists must be 16 years old to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest.
- Songs must not exceed 3 minutes in length and cannot have been commercially released before September 1st
Songs can be submitted online here.
Melodi Grand Prix is expected to follow a similar format to previous years, with the contest consisting of several semi-finals and a final. All of the results are expected to be decided by public voting alone. Exact details on the format will be released in due course.