The eight participants and songs competing in Dansk Melodi Grand Prix 2023 have been revealed this morning by DR.
At a press conference in Copenhagen, DR has revealed the participants in the Danish selection for the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, United Kingdom. The eight participants were selected from public submissions and submissions from the Danish music industry.
The participants and songs are:
- maia maia – “Beautiful Bullshit”
- Reiley – “Breaking My Heart”
- Nicklas Sonne – “Freedom”
- Micky Skeel – “Glansbillede” (Picture perfect)
- Mariyah LeBerg – “Human”
- EYJAA – “I Was Gonna Marry Him”
- Søren Torpegaard Lund – “Lige her” (Right here)
- Frederik Leopold – “Stuck on You”
The eight competing songs can be listened to now on Streaming platforms.
Tina Müller and Heino Hansen will host the final on February 11. Tina has hosted the past two editions of the contest while Heino will host for the first time. Heino is originally from the host city for the 2023 contest Næstve.
Reddi represented Denmark at the Eurovision Song Contest 2022 with “The Show”. They finished 13th in Semi-Final One with a total of 55 points. Its highest points came in the form of 6 points from the Icelandic jury and Latvian televote.
Image Source: DR | Source: EUROVOIX