Gustaph has won Eurosong 2023 and will represent Belgium in the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool with the song “Because of You”.
The final of Eurosong 2023 took place this evening in Paleis 12/Palais 12 in Brussels. After a series of shows in which each of the competing artists choose which of their two songs to perform in the final, the seven finalists competed to represent Belgium in Liverpool.
The winner was selected by a combination of an expert jury and public voting. A total of 1,560 points are available, 780 points from the public and 780 points from the expert jury.
The expert jury was formed of fifteen members who awarded 12, 10, 8, 7, 6, 5, and 4 points each. The four jury members who featured in the show:
- Alexander Rybak – Winner of Eurovision 2009
- Nikkie de Jager – Host at Eurovision 2021
- Laura Tesoro – Represented Belgium at Eurovision 2016
- Jérémie Makiese – Represented Belgium at Eurovision 2022
The remaining eleven jurors who voted from backstage are:
- Laura Govaerts (MNM)
- Ann Reymen (Radio2)
- Korneel De Clercq (Radio 1)
- Thibault Christiaensen (StuBru)
- Francicso Schuster (#LikeMe)
- Leslie Cable (Head of Delegation for RTBF at the Eurovision Song Contest)
- Jasper Van Biesen (Author of “65 years of Belgium at the Eurovision Song Contest”)
- Stephan Monsieur (Chair of OGAE Belgium)
- André Vermeulen (Journalist and Eurovision specialist)
- Els Germonpré (Music coordinator Eén)
- Manu Lammens (music manager MNM)
The public vote awarded 780 points, which were broken down into the percentage of the vote that each participant receives.
The full results were as follows (jury points + points from the public):
- 1st Place: Gustaph – “Because of You” (121+157=278)
- 2nd Place: The Starlings – “Rollercoaster” (94+143=277)
- 3rd Place: Gala Dragot – “T’inquiète” (146+125=271)
- 4th Place: Chérine – “Ca m’ennuie pas” (145+123=268)
- 5th Place: Ameerah – “The Carnival” (107+64=171)
- 6th Place: Loredana – “You Lift Me Up” (83+84=167)
- 7th Place: Hunter Falls – “Ooh La La” (84+44=128)
Image Source: VRT